Plastic shopping bags are made from durable, high-density polyethylene and can have a wide range of handles: clip loop, die cut or soft strap. They are multipurpose, waterproof and can be reused as lunch bags or for food services, shopping, groceries and more. Since they are made from a durable plastic material, plastic bags are the perfect way to market your brand and to use for special occasions. They can be reused as gift bags, tote bags or even an everyday shopping bag.
However, as consumers become more aware of their impact on the environment, recent restrictions have been placed on single-use plastic bags in order to prevent waste. But just because cities have to stay in compliance with shopping bag laws, doesn’t mean you cannot reuse your plastic bags. Below are a few tips and tricks on how to stay friendly to the environment and use your plastic tote bag.
- Gift Wrap: It’s no secret that everyone loves giving and receiving gifts from friends and loved ones. You can reuse your old printed or frosted plastic bags as gift wrap. A gift can be placed into the custom plastic gift bags with decorative tissue. To get creative, wrap your gift in the plastic and then decorate the wrapping with seasonal embellishments.
- Shopping Bags: In order to cut down on plastic waste, and to comply with city or state specific bag ban regulations, consumers are now using reusable shopping bags. Although, your plastic bags are also perfect to use as grocery bags. The high-quality plastic can hold your groceries when carrying them into the home. When not in use, they can be easily stored in the car, pantry or closet.
- Book Covers: To keep the sustainability trend going, you can re-purpose your plastic gift bags as a DIY book cover. Reusing the plastic reduces waste and finds another life for your bag. The dense plastic also keeps the book cover safe while in use.
- DIY Decor: Plastic gift bags of all colors, densities, shapes, and sizes can be re-purposed into unique framed wall pieces or decorative items for the home. Cut out unique shapes or mix and match different prints and densities to achieve a unique piece that’s sure to be a conversation starter.
- Scrap Booking: Many people take up crafting or scrap booking as a hobby. This is a great way to reuse any type of plastic gift bag, or plastic shopping bag. Mix and match the plastic materials with other different fabrics and papers for an inventive way to show off memories and photographs.
- Decorative Envelopes: Re-purposing your plastic bags into envelopes is another great way to reduce plastic waste. Cut and fold the plastic material into the shape of the envelope to hold loose papers, fabrics or other valuables. The dense plastic material also protects its contents from sunlight, water or other damaging elements. This is another great DIY project to do with your plastic gift bags.
With the ideas above, you don’t have to let your plastic shopping bags go to waste. With any tote bag received, you can make the most out of your re-purposing DIY ideas. The options are also endless considering plastic shopping bags like these come in a range of sizes, shapes, colors and designs. Using these plastic bag hacks are also great for startup businesses and marketing. Get your brand name out to the public with re-purposed plastic shopping bags.